Friday, December 30, 2011

my 2011














































 At the start of the year, Queensland experienced a whole lot of flooding, and Brisbane was affected. Instead of listening to official government-y type warnings of "DON'T GO OUTSIDE OR YOU WILL DROOOOWWWWWWNNNN," Gareth and I drove around and took photos of it instead. It was really weird to see the CBD underwater, and even stranger to see unusual objects such as fridges and crocodiles floating down the Brisbane river. At least if the crocodile got hungry he could open the fridge and have a mid-float snack.


There were a couple of weddings this year. In January, my boyfriend's brother got married, and he was a groomsman. Then in April, my cousin got married and I had the privilege of being bridesmaid. I really think that there is nobody kinder or more beautiful than my cousin, and I mean that in the most non-lesbian way possible (because we're cousins, remember, and incest is naughty). But don't tell her I said that.


Then in July, Gareth and I went to Canberra to stay with his dad's family for a bit. At the time Gareth didn't have a car, and since his dad was away on business he said we could borrow his until he returned. So the intention was to fly to Canberra and drive back up to Brisbane, with a stopover in Sydney to see my cousins. Unfortunately when we got to Sydney we got a call saying that Gareth's dad was coming home in a few days, so we had to drive back to Canberra to return it. Booooo. But then when we got back to Brisbane ...
























We bought a car! Isn't it pretty? I just want to squeeze it. Oh and also around this time I decided that dying my hair pink would be a good idea. It wasn't. This outfit is the first one that I showed in my blog! Squeeee.



















































In October I did a bit of work experience at a high school, as part of my degree. This outfit is what I wore on one of those days, and the only one that has ever been in the style gallery on Chictopia. I have since realised that Chictopia is a big pile of crap anyway.



















































In November, I cut my hair off and dyed it brown again. Hurray! I am so glad I still have hair. Please excuse the extreme close-up in the photo above, I just wanted to show you what colour it was when it was first dyed. I promise I am not a massive wanker who walks around taking photos of her face all the time.

Also in November I got a mole removed from the side of my face, which left quite a big scar considering how tiny the mole was. It's still noticeable now, but not nearly as red and lumpy as it was a month ago. Still can't cover it with makeup though. Oh well.

























Aaaand then in December I turned 23 and it was Christmas, but I have written about those events before. Yeaahhh. Recycled blog content. That's how I roll.

So I guess 2011 was pretty good. Nothing majorly crappy happened, and I suppose that's what you would want out of a year. I don't really have any major resolutions or goals for 2012, because I haven't even done most of the things I wanted to on my holiday list. Perhaps I will have to make a separate list for 2012. I like to make lists, I do.

I hope you had a good year! Like I said in my last post, thanks so much for reading my silly little blog. Have an excellent New Year's Eve and a superb 2012. Byeeeeeeee!

34 comments:

  1. Woah. Love all the hair transformations. I was I was daring enough to do anything cool with my hair :P Happy 2012!! <3


    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.

    I like making lists, too. =)

    Have a great new years!

    -j.

    thefabulousgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. PINK HAIR!!! Must try....ho ho ho
    I still can't get over how pretty you look!! I want your skin lols xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and btw, i've tagged you on a questionare on my blog so now you HAVE to answer them...muahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post, I love reading recaps! I'm nosy like that. You look soooo pretty as a bridesmaid! Looks like you had a great year, hope 2012 is even better for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just found your blog so enjoyed having a catchup (read: nosy) via your 2011 recap! Looking forward to reading back through your other posts now (that makes me sound like a total stalker actually doesn't it - sorry). Hope you have a lovely New Year's Eve.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new yearrrr. :)

    Just found your blog - it's adorable. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude you're outfits are freaking boss! I've been meaning to do a 2011 recap post, but so distracted with so much cooler ones by other bloggers!

    I hope your have a great nye!

    p.s are those rumballs?

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you make me laugh "lesbian & insestual" my favourite qualities in a blog!!
    And your car is rather swish, tres jel

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an awesome year. Hope 2012 is even better! Happy new year :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for the lovely comment on my blog - really appreciate it :)

    I love all your photos, looks like you had a great year :) I wish you had kept the pink hair, it was amazing :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a great year, I hope 2012 is amazing for you!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely photos and this is a lovely post. Wishing you all the best for 2012! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girlie! I am back from vacations and that means back to blogging and chatting with interesting people through the web. oh yeah..
    so i had to come by your blog and check out the new posts.
    glad i did cause i laughed by ass off (pardon my french :P)...i mean seriously you are hilarious, your blog posts are always so funny and interesting to read that i find myself laughing and having fun while reading them. and that's really important while reading a blog.
    i really liked the pics of the two wedddings and i found both brides beautiful and charming your pics as always rocked (although i am not really into that pink hair i think you are much sweeter with brown and red)...
    i am glad that you loved the award i gave you, i think you deserved it very much indeed!
    lureofthedarkside
    keep in touch
    happy new yearrrrrrrrr
    (a bit off, but i'll wish it on january's first (amazing) day too. do not worry/)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Yearrrrr! ^.^ :D
    Your cousin is beautiful! (actually everyone in these photos are hehe!) How crazy were those floods, hope I don't see anything like that again anytime soon hehe. I liked your hair pink, I think you could rock any hair colour, lucky!
    Are you doing anything special tonight for new years? I hope you have a wonderful night!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not doing anything either :) I will most likely be playing Animal Crossing at midnight and celebrating with all my animal friends ^.^ hehe! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, darling, your 2011 looked great! I enjoyed the photos, so thank you so much sharing it! I must agree you look pretty in every of those nice hair-colors, and you made a beautiful bridesmaid! :)
    Good luck, and have a very Happy New Year!!!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the pink hair on you and the blush
    pink blazer! You look amazing in all these photos :)

    Happy New Year!

    Stop by sometime, xoxo Natalie
    http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey !
    I think you look super cute with pink hair !
    I loved reading your recap :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVED all of this! (Except for the flood, of course!). I love seeing your blog throughout each month.
    Happy New Years!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not ignoring this post's content! I just got overly excited at something from one of your other posts that I missed cause I haven't been online in ages! I haven't been online for ages because I have been busy but also cause i've been making potions and running about harvesting mountain flowers, hanging moss and oh boy... killing vampires, skeletons, trolls, annnnd dragons! ;) haha! Oh, I am 5 levels above my boy plus 100 in alchemy! Almost 100 in enchanting! woo, sorry not bragging at all, that's just how crazy I am about the game! What have you been doing in it? I bet your a khajiit too?!! :) Gah! Hope you are having fun! One of my cat's favourite things to do is sit infront of the tv while i am in some critical fight! Have a lovely new years celebration! :) Zoë xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are beautiful. You look so good with all the different hair colors and bangs. You have the best outfits. I'm totally jealous! And thanks a lot of the super sweet comment on my blog. Coming from a lovely lady like yourself it's definitely a huge compliment! Can't wait to see what you share in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovin that pink blazer! happy new years!!

    xoxo
    Rosie Anna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh, 2011 looked truly amazing (although busy!) <3 I hope 2012 is equally as incredible!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tough year for Queenslanders, here's hoping it doesn't happen again EVER!!!

    Looks like you had a great year though!! :)

    Happy 2012!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah, your 2011 looked great, happy 2012. Hope it turns out just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like all these end of year roundups because it lets me decide whether bloggers are worth following or not (and you are officially followed). Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Firstly, I don't know why more of your photographs haven't been in Chictopia's style gallery. Your style is beautiful.


    Secondly, your year looks wonderful. I hope 2012 is equally good to you! :)))



    sending you happy spells

    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wait, that mole on the side of your face in the first couple of photos was natural? And you got rid of it? Ahhh, I've actually always wanted a mole/freckle near my eye like that! Maybe I'm just a crazy Dita Von Teese fangirl. I suppose it's healthier not to have moles, or so they say.
    Anyway - your comment on my blog intrigued me! Anyone who plays Skyrim, I'm sure I could get along with just fine (hahahah). Glad I found my way to your blog - it's always awesome to discover a fellow Australian on the interwebs!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so happy to have found your blog! thanks for your comment =) your pictures are awesome! looking forward to read your entries =) Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Darling Kirsten!
    I loved this post. Your year seemed super colorful and lovely.
    I must say my favorite picture of you is one of the wedding photos...you're wearing a pink dress. Wow! Sooo pretty in pink. :)
    I love the flooding story. You're too funny. I feel like I can even hear you saying the "You will drown" line!! HAHA
    Also, I love the pink hair, but there is something about the way being a brunette totally brings out your features. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it, I'm too lazy to do a re-cap, plus it would be depressing earthquake shit - looking forward to a non earquakey tip top year ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will always try my best to reply, whether it be here on my blog or on yours. I like you! Have a good day.

You can always follow me through Google Friend Connect or Bloglovin'.